|Manufacturer||Newfangled Solutions / Artsoft|
Mach4 is the follow up to Mach3 software. It is completely redesigned and is perfect for usage with CNC machines controlled over USB or Ethernet.
Minimum System Requirements
32 or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- An appropriate external motion controller
- Mach4 Plugin for the selected Motion Controller
- 2Ghz CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Video Card with 256MB RAM (Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
Use of Parallel Port for machine control only with desktop style computers with 32-bit versions of windows 7 and below.
32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Systems
- 32-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Mach4 Parallel Port Legacy Plugin (cost applicable)
- 2Ghz CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Non-integrated Video Card with 256MB RAM (Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
Note that the latest version supporitng Windows XP is 126.96.36.19962. 
The plugins you may need to upgrade a system may not be available and may require the purchase of new hardware. Hardware plugins (drivers) are created and supplied by the hardware manufacturer. Mach3 drivers and code are Not compatible with Mach4.
- Install the Demo on the Actual Machine it will be used
- Run the demo and go to the Help/about screen in Mach4
- Use the PC ID code from the Help/About screen at checkout to license this single computer
The license is linked to a specific PC, requiring a different code for each PC. Use the ‘About’ screen, accessed by the ‘Help’ menu to get the PC code. You must have this exact PC code from the actual PC you wish to license and generate G-code. To obtain your license key, Click the ‘copy ID to Clipboard’ button in the ‘about’ dialog box when running the software in demo mode and paste this ID number in the appropriate location on the website when purchasing your license.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The LICENSE will only work for the Computer for which you supplied the PC ID. Each PC has a unique ID code and the license works in coordination with this code.
If you upgrade or exchange your PC, it will be necessary to obtain a new license. See the ‘User Account’ tab for more details at Mach4 Account Management Site
PCID Changes and License Maintenance
Whenever the hardware of the computer running Mach4 changes a new PCID will be generated thus requiring a new license. It is possible to request up to 7 new licenses for changed PCID. This is a free license maintenance service that Artsoft offers. Note that the PCID changes due to the following actions
- Network computer name changed
- Serial number of the primary drive changed
- ↑ https://www.machsupport.com/software/mach4/ Section Software Requirements, accessed 05.12.2019
- ↑ https://www.machsupport.com/my-account/license-maintenance/license-maintenance-instructions/, accessed 05.12.2019
- ↑ https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-4-a/393202-mach-4-pcid-changed.html#post2339284, accessed 05.12.2019